Club Motorkhana - Round 2
Update 8th July 2019.
The event is now closed for entries.
Please note the following:
- All entrants (including visitors) must submit their entry for the event via the CAMS event entry system - we cannot accept new entries on the day. Please see below on how to submit an entry via the CAMS event entry system if you don't currently have a CAMS ID to log in with. You don't have to have a CAMS licence already to use the CAMS event entry system.
- All entry fees, and all L1 licence fees must be paid before the day, either via the CAMS event entry system, or via direct deposit to the MX-5 Club's bank account. If you missed paying for an L1 licence in the CAMS event entry system, then do a direct deposit for $25 just for that.
The details for the MX-5 Club bank account are as follows:
Name: Mazda MX-5 Club of New South Wales
For the reference, please use 'motorkhana' followed by your club membership number, or (if a visitor) your surname.
If the CAMS event entry system doesn't give you the club discount, then you can skip the payment part, and just do a direct deposit for the entry fee (the CAMS event entry system doesn't insist on payment when you submit your entry).
This motorkhana day is intended to cater for drivers who are inexperienced in car control and to provide them with a fun set of motorkhana style challenges to test and develop their skills, as well as offering some tricky bits for more experienced drivers.
The motorkhana is being held at the Sydney Motor Sport Park skidpan. This is a large flat concrete area which provides plenty of space for any mistakes, and the surface will be watered through the day to provide a low grip surface and so minimise wear and tear on cars and tyres.
A number of experienced club members will be on hand to provide one-on-one support to the participants.
As this event will be run under a CAMS permit, club members will need to hold a CAMS L2NS, L2S or better license, or apply for a one-day CAMS L1 license. The L1 license is available to those who have not previously held a CAMS license, including an L1.
Entries are now open. Please first read the Information sheet linked below, then login to the CAMS Event Entry site.
- Open the CAMS Event Entry site (link below)
- Click the link "Entrants login"
- Login to the CAMS site via the "Member Portal".
If you have not registered for a CAMS login, but already have a CAMS licence, click on "Retrieve Password" and you will be sent a temporary password for your existing CAMS ID (as per your licence).
If you haven't registered for a CAMS login, and do not have a CAMS licence, please register a new account via the "New to CAMS?, Register here" link. You don't need to have a CAMS license yet to register for a login.
- Click on "CAMS EVENT ENTRY" from the list of links on the left.
- Click on the "CAMS EVENT ENTRY" logo, or the "GO" button beside it
- If this is your first visit to the CAMS Event Entry site, please enter your personal details and car info via the links on the left. I strongly advise you first watch the video tutorials available via the link "How to Enter".
If you are registering on CAMS Event Entry or have previously registered, make sure your club membership number and expiry date are valid, otherwise you will be charged the full entry fee without the club member discount.
- When you have provided your details, click the "Quick Enter Now" link
- From the "Event" drop down list, select the "MX-5 Club of NSW - Motorkhana - 14th July 2019"
- Complete your entry as directed in the video tutorials.
- For dual-entered cars, the 2nd driver must also register and enter, the same as the 1st driver. Please indicate the name of the other driver in the "Comments" box.
MX-5 Club members must ensure their club membership details are up-to-date in CAMS Event Entry, otherwise they will not receive the club membership discount on the entry fee for this event.