Lunch at the Wombat Pub - Mini run
Under the Club's current COVD-19 procedures, this run is limited to a maximum of ten participants.
If all you know about Wombat is that it is just up the road from Wallendbeen, and not too far from Nubba or Murringo (not to mention Berthong and Thuddungra), then this is the mid-week run for you. A crisp run through the South West Slopes and a chance to learn a little more about our local(ish) region could be just what you need.
Want more? You've got it! What could be better than a chance to experience John Chapuis' run leadership, the company of a bunch of fellow Club mates and a counter lunch at a ridgy didge Aussie country pub (first trading in 1877, it is reputed to have the longest running continuous liquor licence in NSW)?
Jon will drop the starter's flag at the Calwell Shops, and (if last year is anything to go by) take the long way to Yass for coffee before travelling the back roads up the Burley Griffin Way and Wombat Road to our lunch stop.
The lunch venue is fine, and there are more than a few Club members who can vouch for the quality of the pub refreshments.
More to come soon.
RSVP to John Chapuis at: email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: The following 'COVID-19 Procedures' introduced by the Club (effective from 24 July 2020) apply to this run:
- the run is restricted to a maximum of 10 (ten) financial members
- members wishing to attend MUST register with the Run Leader by the email or the Google forms system set up for the event
- only participants who receive an acknowledgement from the Run Leader, via email or text, may gather at the start venue and join the event. Under no circumstances will any member be allowed to tag along
- all current COVID-19 restrictions relevant to the jurisdiction must be complied with, including social distancing rules
- all participants are strongly advised to have downloaded the COVID Safe App and are required to carry personal hand sanitiser.
Further information is available at http://nsw.mx5.com.au/news/covid-19-update-24-july-2020.