Mudgee in July
CAMS Permit No: 218/2107/02
Dress code: Fancy of course! Festive normally but whatever you prefer!
For yourselves: crazy hats are the norm,
For your car: well the sky is the limit (what is legal anyway).
It must be worn for the duration of the drive. There will be a winner for both. The competition was fierce last year with a few angry birds causing trouble along with a few well-placed baubles.
Saturday we’re heading to Mudgee via Denman for morning tea and Rylstone for lunch with an aim to arrive In Mudgee in time for you to sample the delights of the town (of which it has many), visit some local wineries, or delight in the comfort of our hosts (Wanderlight Motor Inn) while preparing for a Christmas dinner that night.
Sunday we’re taking the long southern road home via Sofala and Lithgow.
WHO WILL TAKE THE CHRISTMAS IN JULY DRESS-UP CHALLENGE THIS YEAR?
Saturday: Click on blue links for routes
- Cessnock to Denman - 80 minutes
- Morning Tea - Graze Cafe
- Leave Denman 10:15
- Denman to Rylstone - 1hr 33minutes
- Lunch - Rylstone Hotel
- Leave Rylstone 13:30
- Rylstone to Bunnamagoo Winery - 1hr Alternate via Gulgong 1hr 45min
- Afternoon tea / wine tasting.
- Leave the Winery 16:00
- Arrive Mudgee 16:20
- Mudgee to Sofala - 1hr 34mins Leave Mudgee at 8:45
- Morning Tea - Old Sofala Gaol Cafe
- Leave Sofala 11:00
- Sofala to Lithgow - 1hr 16min
- Lunch - Lithgow Workers Club
- Leave Lithgow 13:30
- Lithgow to Newcastle
- Arrive Newcastle 18:00
Accommodation: Wanderlight Motor Inn 107 Market St, Mudgee NSW - QUOTE "MX5 CLUB" WHEN BOOKING
- Ground Floor - 1 Queen, 1 Single - $130
- 1st Floor - 1 Queen - $145
- Deluxe - 1 Queen, 1 Single, 1 Sofa - $155
- Family Rooms - Bedroom 1 Queen, 1 Single. Bedroom 2 3 Single - $160
- Additional Adult $25
Dinner will be extra,price confirmed when numbers in as opening for us only.