Vice Presidents' Resignation
28 March 2018 / Words by Keith Monaghan
Glenn Thomas, our current Vice President, has tendered his resignation from the role and the committee.
Glenn joined the committee in 2010 and held a number of roles, including President, and we thank Glenn for his support of the club.
We are looking for a replacement. The following is an outline of the role of Vice President.
The Vice-President shall assist the President generally and assume the duties of the President or other officers if they are not available or unable to perform any or all of their duties. Committee meetings are held at 7:30pm on the second Wednesday of each month at Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club and attendance at most meetings is expected. Furthermore, the Vice President shall:
- Facilitate venue bookings for Committee Meetings, Annual General Meetings, Special General Meetings; Promotion of meetings; Create event descriptions for the meetings; Take phone/email RSVPs; Arrange finger food with proposed venue; and Liaise with President.
- Seek out sponsors for the Club and/or Chapters, and liaise with individual sponsors for the arrangement of renewals and other correspondence. Liaise with Convenors regarding Chapter Sponsors. Ensure that sponsor logos are featured on the Club website.
- Seek out discount offers from vendors, with the aim of improving the benefits offered to Club members. Ensure that discounts are promoted to members via the Club website, Club emails and Club Torque magazine.
- Act as the liaison between the Club and our chosen charity with the aim of identifying opportunities for collaboration and to personally deliver donations collected on behalf of the Club.
- Carry out such duties as the Committee may by a two-thirds majority or more direct from time to time.
If you feel that you could help the club in taking on this role please contact the President.
President MX-5 Club of NSW
0418 976 279