Australia Day Picnic
Bring your snags or whatever else you want to burn on the BBQ or pack a picnic. Picnic chairs, blankets, tables, etc. are also recommended, if you can fit them in. Just come and join the fun.
- The picnic area will be secured by Paul Byers from the Sydney Chapter.
- Bryan Shedden will lead the Illawarra Chapter run to the picnic and bring along the large MX-5 Club banner.
- All Convenors and Run Leaders are reminded to bring along their Chapter MX-5 Teardrop Flag.
- Bryan and Ann Hicks will be leading a run for the Sydney Chapter members and will be organising Boules (French Bowls) and Cricket. Ann is also going to organise a game of Trivia for those of us who really want to sit around and relax.
- A run for the RPM Chapter will be led by Chris Wyatt. Members from RPM will be organising the games on the day. eg. sack races, egg and spoon races etc.
- If it can be arranged Illawarra Chapter members will organise a Thong Throwing competition. This was really enjoyed last year.
- There will be the MX-5 Boot Packing Challenge. This is being organised and judged by the Illawarra’s Phil Belcher. Fastest time wins a prize.
- The job of making sure the day runs smooth goes to Peter Feutrill from the Illawarra. Many of you know Peter for his easy manner and organisational skills.
If games aren’t your thing you can work off your lunch with a stroll to the dam wall and back. The option of playing Trivia will also be there.
Just come, have fun and celebrate our national day with your MX-5 friends.
Please join one of the Chapter runs to Cordeaux Dam or meet us there. We won’t be hard to find.
- Illawarra Chapter run
- RPM Chapter run
- West & North Sydney Run
- South Sydney Run
- South Coast Chapter run
NOTE: The recreational areas are closed when affected by a total fire ban. This event will be cancelled in this case.