Club Track Days
The Mazda MX-5 Club of NSW arranges track days at Wakefield Park, Sydney Motorsport Park Amaroo Circuit (South) and Winton Raceway in Victoria. Club track days are mostly held on a Sunday (sometimes Saturday or Monday), for the "weekend racers". The events are organised so that there are a limited number of cars on track during each run, and those cars and drivers are selected to have similar lap times and/or driver experience. They are held on a supersprint basis with drivers competing against the clock. Racing against other cars is strictly forbidden. Newcomers are always welcome at our track days. You can have as much fun in a standard road car as those with dedicated race MX-5s. There is always a session for first timers where experienced drivers will train you.
2017-2018 Club Track Days
|1||Sun 20 Aug 2017||Wakefield Park||Closed||Results|
|2||Sat 18 Nov 2017
2017 NSW/VIC Interstate Challenge
|3||Sun 26 Nov 2017
20th Anniversary of Motorsport
|4||Sun 11 Feb 2018||Wakefield Park||Closed||Results|
|5||Sat 14 Apr 2018
2018 NSW/VIC Interstate Challenge
|6||Sun 22 Apr 2018||SMP Amaroo||Closed||Results|
|7||Sun 3 Jun 2018||Wakefield Park||Closed||Results|
|8||Sun 1 Jul 2018||Wakefield Park||Open||More Info|
Results from all club track days are HERE.
Trophies are awarded to members of the Mazda MX-5 Club of NSW only, based on performances recorded during a Competition Year, from July to June. Trophies in each Vehicle Class are awarded for the following:
The fastest single lap in the competition year
An annual point score whereby points will be awarded at each event as follows: 15 points for 1st, 10 for 2nd, 7 for 3rd, 5 for 4th, 4 for 5th, 3 for 6th, 2 for 7th, and 1 for 8th.
Results in all Club track days are counted towards the annual point score (including Interstate Challenge rounds in Victoria). Drivers must compete in a minimum of two events to qualify for this award. The Club reserves the right to add other awards at its discretion.
What you need at Wakefield Park:
- Helmet (must be appropriate Car/Motorcycle Helmet with stickers certifying it meets Australian Standard:- Helmet- AS1698, Goggles/Visor- AS1609).
- Non-synthetic clothing – neck-wrist-ankle
- Non-synthetic footwear
- Wakefield Park Licence or CAMS Level 2 or above.
- Blue triangle, 150mm on each side mounted to indicate the battery location.
What you need at Sydney Motorsport Park:
You need all of the above PLUS the following:
- CAMS Level 2 licence or above. Wakefield Park (AASA) licence is not accepted.
- Fire extinguisher to CAMS requirements that is fitted within reach of the driver.
- Secondary method of securing the bonnet. Road-registered cars fitted with the original manufacturers two stage bonnet locking system is considered as having two securing systems.
- All forward facing glass lenses to be completely covered by a protective film. For standard MX-5s, this only affects the headlights on NA models.
- All vehicles must be fitted with visible towing hooks or a similar device both front & rear to allow for the speedy removal of a vehicle from a "sand trap"
Always check the Supplementary Regulations for full details of all requirements.