Run Leaders Steve and Cecilia Wakeling have organised a relaxing few days in the beautiful South Coast town of Bermagui, some leisurely drives around the surrounding area, and a few good meals.
Although the fires have definitely had quite an impact along our proposed route, Stephen has just completed a trial run and has confirmed we are still a goer, albeit a few changes from the original plans.
From our start on Friday we will head to Mogo for lunch (there are still places open) and then on to Wallaga Lakes and Bermagui. Dinner is within a very short walk from the motel.
Saturday we are off to Tathra and then to Cobargo for coffee. There is still two places serving coffee, and a few shops open. We are still fiddling with plans for Saturday lunch - maybe Central Tilba, maybe Narooma. Either way, we'll be helping the community by spending our dollars. While on the subject, it would be sensible to have cash available as there may be power issues affecting the EFTPOS or ATM transactions.
The forecast for roadworks is 'high', so please remember to pack your patience.
Please note that there has been a cancellation on this run so now we have one spot left (1 car, 2 people). If you’d like to join Steve and Cecelia you will need to be quick.
More to come soon.
RSVP to Steve: firstname.lastname@example.org