Update 23rd July 2018
This motorkhana is now fully subscribed and entries have been closed.
If you missed out you can consider entering the NSW Motorkhana at Nirimba on 12th August. More information is available here.
Update 19th June 2018.
Entries for the Club motorkhana on the 28th July are now open!
Note that with just one Club motorkhana this year, we won't be having a championship (i.e. no trophies), so this motorkhana is just for the glory of it all...
On a related note, whilst the motorkhana on the 12 August is being run by the MX-5 Club (and Club members can certainly compete), it is a round of the NSW Motorkhana Championship - it is not a Club motorkhana, in the same way the our round of the NSW supersprint Championship is not part of out Club Championship. Also, being on a dry surface at Nirimba, it wouldn't be fair to include this in a Club motorkhana championship, since some Club members would not be keen competing on that surface.
So, just to clarify - there are two motorkhanas - the Club one on the 28th July, and the NSW State motorkhana on the 12th August - both run by us.
This motorkhana day is intended to cater for drivers who are inexperienced in car control and to provide them with a fun set of motorkhana style challenges to test and develop their skills, as well as offering some tricky bits for more experienced drivers. It is the only Club motorkhana at the SMSP Skidpan in 2018.
The motorkhana is being held at the Sydney Motor Sport Park skidpan. This is a large flat concrete area which provides plenty of space for any mistakes, and the surface will be watered through the day to provide a low grip surface and so minimise wear and tear on cars and tyres.
A number of experienced club members will be on hand to provide one-on-one support to the participants.
As this event will be run under a CAMS permit, club members will need to hold a CAMS L2NS, L2S or better license, or apply for a one-day CAMS L1 license. The L1 license is available to those who have not previously held a CAMS license, including an L1.
Entries are now open. Please first read the Information sheet linked below, then login to the CAMS Event Entry site.
- Open the CAMS Event Entry site (link below)
- Click the link "Entrants login"
- Login to the CAMS site via the "Member Portal".
If you have not registered for a CAMS login, but already have a CAMS licence, click on "Retrieve Password" and you will be sent a temporary password for your existing CAMS ID (as per your licence).
If you haven't registered for a CAMS login, and do not have a CAMS licence, please register a new account via the "New to CAMS?, Register here" link. You don't need to have a CAMS license yet to register for a login.
- Click on "CAMS EVENT ENTRY" from the list of links on the left.
- Click on the "CAMS EVENT ENTRY" logo, or the "GO" button beside it
- If this is your first visit to the CAMS Event Entry site, please enter your personal details and car info via the links on the left. I strongly advise you first watch the video tutorials available via the link "How to Enter".
If you are registering on CAMS Event Entry or have previously registered, make sure your club membership number and expiry date are valid, otherwise you will be charged the full entry fee without the club member discount.
- When you have provided your details, click the "Quick Enter Now" link
- From the "Event" drop down list, select the "MX-5 Club of NSW - Motorkhana - 28th July 2018"
- Complete your entry as directed in the video tutorials.
- For dual-entered cars, the 2nd driver must also register and enter, the same as the 1st driver. Please indicate the name of the other driver in the "Comments" box.
MX-5 Club members are encouraged to enter this event and pay the entry fee before 14th July. After that date, if there are places remaining, entries will be accepted from non-members.
MX-5 Club members must ensure their club membership details are up-to-date in CAMS Event Entry, otherwise they will not receive the club membership discount on the entry fee for this event.