Junee Licorice and Chocolate Factory - POSTPONED
DUE TO THE UNSETTLING COVID-19 CONDITIONS AND THE ALMOST CERTAINTY OF HEAVY RAIN FORECAST FOR THE WEEKEND THIS RUN HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL LATER IN THE YEAR.
NOTE: This run is limited to a maximum of 20 financial members.
Everybody likes chocolate and everyone with a MX-5 likes a good drive. So why not cater to everyone?
We'e off to Junee for a tour of the Licorice and Chocolate Factory, and a bite to eat at their Millroom Restaurant (I hear their hot chocolate made with real melted Belgium styled chocolate is a real treat).
We'll skoot through Binalong to Harden for coffee, and then head to the crossroads at Wallendbeen, and onwards to Junee for lunch. From there, we head back homewards through Gundagai and up the highway to Jugiong for coffee or a poke around the goodies at the Long Pantry and Sir George Hotel. Home from there is straight up the highway.
The Junee Licorice and Chocolate Factory is located in the old flour mill of Junee, New South Wales.
We can take a guided tour and witness the creation of organic licorice and chocolate products under the brand Green Grove Organics. For the more creative souls, you could try making your own giant chocolate freckle or rocky road.
It’s the perfect day trip escape.
More to come soon.
RSVP to Rod Nicholas: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rod will take registrations on a 'first in' basis to the maximum of twenty members, and may take additional names should anyone withdraw or other circumstances permit additional members attending.
PLEASE NOTE: The following 'COVID-19 Procedures' introduced by the Club (effective from 13 June 2020) apply to this run:
- the run is restricted to a maximum of 20 (twenty) financial members
- members wishing to attend MUST register with the Run Leader by the email or the Google forms system set up for the event
- only participants who receive an acknowledgement from the Run Leader, via email or text, may gather at the start venue and join the event. Under no circumstances will any member be allowed to tag along
- all current COVID-19 restrictions relevant to the jurisdiction must be complied with, including social distancing rules
- all participants are strongly advised to have downloaded the COVID Safe App and are required to carry personal hand sanitiser.
Further information is available at http://nsw.mx5.com.au/news/covid-19-update-14-june-2020.