Southern Highlands Gardens and Wineries
Spring is an ideal time to visit the Southern Highlands, with the region being blessed with some of Australia's best private gardens, and a world renowned tulip festival. Join us for a late weekend run to tour some of the gardens and explore a few of the local wineries.
Please note that we have decided to slip this run by ONE day - now commencing Sunday 29 September, rather than on Saturday, due to problems securing good accommodation at a reasonable rate. We trust this change will not inconvenience anyone intending to participate.
The change of date means we can grab weekday rates for our accommodation at “Peppers Craigieburn”, rather than paying double over the weekend. The negotiated room rate for Sunday night will be $167.20 night including breakfast.
The run will take in:
- Red Cow Farm Gardens, Sutton Forest
- Lunch at the historic Sutton Forest Inn or Southern Highlands Winery
- Tulip Time @ Corbett Gardens, Bowral
Accommodation and Dinner will be at “Peppers Craigieburn” - https://www.peppers.com.au/craigieburn/
We have some optional extras – your choice
- Bendooley Estate, Berrima - cellar door and book reservoir
- 5th Chapter Open Garden ($10 entry) - www.fifthchapter.com.au
- Especially for the Arachnophiles The Salvage Spider @ Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre - https://www.southern-highlands.com.au/events/whats-on/the-salvage-spider-1553829936
- Mt Ashby Estate & La Palette Café cellar door and very French café’
Please note: Due to limited accommodation availability this run is now fully subscribed - Ken Keeling.