COVID-19 Update 23 June 21
23 June 2021
With the latest COVID-19 restrictions handed down today by the NSW government I have updated the clubs procedures. These affect the Greater Sydney, the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour areas and come into affect now.
Mazda MX-5 Club of NSW and COVID-19
The following are the procedures that come into effect on 23rd June 2021 and will be current until further notice for Greater Sydney, the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour. All other areas are to comply with the previous procedure levels.
- All Club events, both indoor and outdoor, will require potential participants to register for an event on the Club Events page by the Google forms or email system set up for that event. Maximum number of people that can attend an event in NSW must meet the four square metres rule for each person
- If you live or work in the City of Sydney, Waverley, Randwick, Canada Bay, Inner West, Bayside, and Woollahra local government areas, you cannot travel outside metropolitan Sydney for non-essential travel.
- Masks will be compulsory in all indoor non-residential settings, including workplaces, and at organised outdoor events. This is a link to information on the correct masks and their use. https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-08/COVID-19%20Infographic%20-%20Masks%20-%2011Aug2020.jpg
- Motorsport is the exception as these events come under the control of the governing bodies regulations for the sport and the club’s motorsport procedures.
- Only participants who have entered by the appropriate form or email can attend an event. Under no circumstances will any member or members be allowed to tag along, as this is increasing the risk to the organiser and other Club participants of being fined. The organizer will pass the list of participants to the Membership Database Secretary for record keeping.
- All participants are strongly advised to have downloaded the COVID Safe App and are required to carry personal hand sanitiser.
- The submitting of the Google form or email entry to an event is the participant’s acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the current COVID-19 procedures and the Club’s current event requirements and regulations.
- If any member attending an event, or about to attend an event, shows any signs of a cold or flu symptoms they must leave and not attend any future events until these symptoms have passed. If possible, they should supply proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to participating in any further events.
- After attending a Club event, if any member is diagnosed with COVID-19 they must, as soon as possible, notify the Club, via the run leader or Club Captain, so that other members who have come into contact with them can be advised.
This is critical as many of our members are in or close to the age group identified as highest risk.
The latest health information can be found at: