Club Track Days
The Mazda MX-5 Club of NSW arranges track days at Wakefield Park, Sydney Motorsport Park Amaroo Circuit (South), Pheasant Wood and Winton Raceway in Victoria. Club track days are mostly held on a Sunday (sometimes Saturday or Monday), for the "weekend racers". The events are organised so that there are a limited number of cars on track during each run, and those cars and drivers are selected to have similar lap times and/or driver experience. They are held on a supersprint basis with drivers competing against the clock. Racing against other cars is strictly forbidden. Newcomers are always welcome at our track days. You can have as much fun in a standard road car as those with dedicated race MX-5s. There is always a session for first timers where experienced drivers will advise you.
2021 Club Track Days
This season will run for 12 months from January to December 2021 as we have changed to a calendar year for our Competition season. One drop-round is excluded from the point score.
|1||Sun 14 Feb 2021||Wakefield Park||Open||Enter Here|
|2||Sun 21 Mar 2021||Pheasant Wood||Not yet open||Info|
|3||Mon 17 May 2021||Wakefield Park||Not yet open||Info|
|4||Sun 27 Jun 2021||Pheasant Wood||Not yet open||Info|
Sun 22 Aug 2021
|Wakefield Park||Not yet open||Info|
|6||Sat 25 Sep 2021||SMP Amaroo||Not yet open||Info|
|7||Sun 7 Nov 2021||Wakefield Park||Not yet open||Info|
Results from all club track days are HERE.
Trophies are awarded to members of the Mazda MX-5 Club of NSW only, based on performances recorded during a Competition Year, from Jan to Dec. Trophies in each Vehicle Class are awarded for the annual point score whereby points will be awarded at each event.
Results in all Club track days are counted towards the annual point score (including Interstate Challenge rounds in Victoria), except that driver needs to drop one round. Drivers must compete in a minimum of two events to qualify for this award. The Club reserves the right to add other awards at its discretion.
What you need at Wakefield Park:
- Helmet (must be appropriate Car/Motorcycle Helmet with stickers certifying it meets Australian Standard:- Helmet- AS1698, Goggles/Visor- AS1609).
- Non-synthetic clothing – neck-wrist-ankle
- Non-synthetic footwear
- Wakefield Park Licence or CAMS Level 2 or above.
- Blue triangle, 150mm on each side mounted to indicate the battery location.
What you need at Sydney Motorsport Park:
You need all of the above PLUS the following:
- CAMS Level 2 licence or above. Wakefield Park (AASA) licence is not accepted.
- Fire extinguisher to CAMS requirements that is fitted within reach of the driver.
- Secondary method of securing the bonnet. Road-registered cars fitted with the original manufacturers two stage bonnet locking system is considered as having two securing systems.
- All forward facing glass lenses to be completely covered by a protective film. For standard MX-5s, this only affects the headlights on NA models.
- All vehicles must be fitted with visible towing hooks or a similar device both front & rear to allow for the speedy removal of a vehicle from a "sand trap"
Always check the Supplementary Regulations for full details of all requirements.