MX-5 Fan Fest
04 October 2016 / Mazda Australia
Mazda Australia are hosting an MX-5 Fan Fest on 21 January 2017 at Sandown Raceway in Victoria. The one-millionth MX-5 is doing a tour of the world and it will be in Melbourne in January for this event. You will have the chance to sign the car and be part of history!
There will be lots of activities, including ...
- 1 millionth MX-5 on display, with an opportunity for people to sign
- Nobuhiro Yamamoto (Program Manager ND) and Toshihiko Hirai (Program Manager NA) will be special guests. Hirai San was our Club Patron from 1990 to 1993.
- Mazda has confirmed an RF will be on display
- Several historic MX-5s will be on display
- Show & Shine with prizes
- Music, food & drinks
- Sprint sessions for up to 80 motorsport competitors (a minimum of 3-4 sessions on track amongst the other planned on-track activities at no charge except for garage hire if required)
- Mazda will have two of its Global MX-5 Cup Car doing demonstration laps on the track
- Speed Comparison comparing an NA, ND and Global Cup Car
- Parade Lap for all MX-5 owners with group photo on the main straight
... and much more!
The cost to participate on the day will be minimal, if not zero. This includes the on-track activities. Participants will only need to cover their own food, drinks and incidental costs.
The event will not be open to the general public and all participants will need to be known to Mazda and respond to the invite that is sent. For this reason we are now collecting Expressions of Interest. Please register your EOI using the attached form by 18 October 2016.
But wait there's more...
The MX-5 Club of Victoria & Tasmania will be hosting an evening function on the Saturday evening, primarily for MX-5 Club members, possibly at the new Mazda Head Office in Mulgrave. They will also be organising runs on the Sunday for any interstate members to join. Our Chapters may organise an overnight run each way to Melbourne. So it's looking like it will be a six day extravanga!
This event is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so lock in the date and register your EOI now!